This political slogan coined by the Coalition seems a contradiction when reflecting on this group’s political philosophy and policy history. Being the party of small government and low taxes, has in the past 4 weeks amassed an wide-ranging list of electoral promises (pork barrelling) including extending current service provisions and a new 2% business tax., oh sorry temporary levy. Today, I received a flyer from the LNP candidate for Dawson George ‘Waa Waa’ Christensen promising the
following, obviously if elected.
Real action but is it realistic
- Mackay ring road – $30 million – traffic control
- Townsville Good Sheppard Home – $2 million – extensions – private
- Whitsunday Sports Park $600,000
- Mackay Events Precinct #5 million
- Proserpine Community Centre $100,000 – new build
- Mackay Basketball Stadium $4 million – upgrade
- CCTV – Burdekin – law & order
- Local Tourism – $1 million – promotion
Dollars & no sense
On the never never plan
- Bruce hwy improvement
- Bowen Water Treatment plant
- Airlie Beach Main Street upgrade
Please note these are all infrastructure projects, something the Coalition does not seem to have a good record on readily addressing.
The Action Contract
- Pay back the debt –capitalism thieves on debt that is how the WFC happened.
- End waste – small government means the States have to pick up the bill by cutting back services
- Stop new taxes – no taxes for the mining sector, but a 2% levy on businesses
- Help families – paid maternity leave
- Stop the boats – the great foreign threat
- Do the right thing – what do they mean if this isn’t subjective according to whose value base